Carol Lewis – Partner
Carol is an accomplished human resources professional, with extensive experience across corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors. She has a proven track record of advising organisations at both strategic and operational levels with demonstrated ability to manage complex human resources situations, change management initiatives, and organisational development projects. Her professional qualifications include a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment, a Master of Business (Employment Relations), UTS and Bachelor of Arts, University of Canberra.
She is a Certified Professional Member of Australian Human Resources Institute, a professional member of Career Development Association of Australia, an accredited practitioner of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), an accredited facilitator of the MLQ 360 tool, an accredited practitioner of the California Psychological Inventory (CPI) and a member of Australian Workplace Practitioners Network.
- Ability to rapidly assess issues and develop and implement solutions to strategically enhance organisational effectiveness, demonstrated through successful outcomes for consulting assignments.
- Excellent facilitation skills including strategic and operational planning, presentations, training seminars / workshops and consultation mechanisms.
- Strong learning and development skills including evaluating organisational and operational needs, program design, delivery and assessment.
- Generalist human resource management skills such as designing and implementing performance development systems, recruitment initiatives, policy development and implementation.
- Sound working knowledge of current employment law.
- Ability to influence and work with all levels – strong verbal communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to pragmatically, sensitively and effectively resolve workplace disputes.
- Workplace investigation expertise.
- Excellent written communication.
Senior Executive/Management and Consulting Roles
As a human resources consultant she typically advises on a range of projects including:
- Human Resources Consulting: organisational reviews including management structures; audit / set up of HR infrastructure; development and implementation of HR policies; design and implementation of performance management systems including coaching of line managers; contracts of employment (drafting, review, renegotiation); resolution of employee disputes and disciplinary issues; recruitment and selection.
- Organisational Development: design of initiatives to support organisational growth including planning, capacity building, organisational design and change management.
- Facilitation: for strategic and operational planning initiatives, team development initiatives, employee consultation processes.
- Workforce Development: design and facilitation of tailored learning solutions such as leadership skills, communication skills, performance management, supervisory skills, behavioural-based interviewing, team building and other ad hoc training.
- Employee Relations: investigation of employee grievances, resolution of grievances through mediation, workplace investigations.
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator: working with a range of organisations to enhance team and personal effectiveness, develop leadership capabilities, facilitate career development and manage talent.
- CPI: using the tool to assist in recruitment decisions and leadership development.
Recent client engagements include:
- The Aurora Project: ongoing organisational development projects.
- DVNSW Service Management: major project to effect workforce changes.
- NCOSS: consulting on a range of HR issues including design of an employee consultation process for a change in organizational structure.
- City of Canada Bay Council: development of customer service strategic plan; delivery of leadership program for emerging leaders.
- Bayside Council: assistance with recruitment and training.
- Waverley Council: variety of projects including facilitation of operational planning and strategic planning, review of structures and operations, cultural reform initiatives, team development processes and facilitation / delivery of training programs (performance management, recruitment skills). Mostly recently she worked with various divisions on job design, including community services and recruitment of a director-level role.
- National Local Government Customer Service Network: keynote speaker and presenter at national conferences, design and delivery of strategy writing workshops.
- Junction Neighbourhood Centre: review of management structure and effectiveness resulting in the implementation of a change initiative, merger process with another community organization.
- Eurowalls: restructure and establishment of its HR function, provision of on-going support around issues management, recruitment and policy enhancement.