Dr Kerry Hudson – Associate
Dr Hudson’s commitment to personal and professional education is underscored by the development of sophisticated marketing and communication skills in both commercial and non-profit environments. These skills have been complemented by her extensive experience in education, publishing, the legal industry, the management of not-for-profit enterprises and corporate governance.
She has held several career roles that have involved the establishment of new enterprises and initiatives, and the implementation of change management strategies and governance audits.
- Sophisticated strategic planner
- Strong and effective leadership
- Proven negotiation skills
- Extensive experience in change management
- A general commitment to management skills development. The latter encompasses good generalist management skills as well as team building and enhancement expertise.
- Extensive Board experience in Australia and Asia
Senior Executive/Management and Consultancy Roles
- University of NSW: Dr Hudson was previously the CEO of UNSW Global. In this capacity she had managerial oversight of the international consulting arm of the University and the international offshore office network. She has established companies in Vietnam, Thailand and India and personally managed projects in Malaysia and Indonesia. Dr Hudson has an excellent understanding of the SE Asian cultural sensitivities, the research environment and the leading researchers in the region.
- Western Sydney University and UNE: Dr Hudson’s role as Director of Innovation & Consulting and Education Partnerships at WSU included responsibility for the strategic planning, business development, risk management, project and contract management associated with various capacity building projects and collaborations. As Dean and CEO of UWS College she was also the project leader on various transnational education programs. She is currently the Chair of UNE Life, the wholly owned entity company of the University of New England.