Nicky Swan – Partner
Nicky is an accomplished, skilled and highly competent professional with a track record of successful leadership, strategy development and project implementation at director and senior management level. Her career history includes roles in the private and public sector, spanning more than 20 years across the tourism, local government, education, health and the publishing/advertising sectors.
She possesses outstanding operational management and leadership skills as well as acknowledged accomplishments in leading and managing diverse teams, including successfully oversighting and delivering significant organisational, cultural and systemic change.
- A passionate and energetic leadership approach with a core focus on delivering successful working relationships and exceptional outcomes.
- The proven ability to align a corporate vision with strategic direction and to create and deliver quantifiable outcomes.
- The ability to work creatively with Government, Organisations, Businesses and Individuals in furthering the aims and objectives of their organisation.
- The capacity to deal with fast changing environments and to monitor business trends.
- Balanced entrepreneurial thinking and political understanding.
- A proven level of experience in stakeholder relationship building with membership-based organisations, government agencies, business and community stakeholders both nationally and internationally.
Senior Executive/Management and Consulting Roles
- In the tourism sector, Nicky has directed projects for organisations including Mossman Botanic Gardens (mossmanbotanicgardens.com.au) and the development of the Hinchinbrook Economic Development Strategy 2020 for Hinchinbrook Shire Council, North Queensland, created to promote the Shire through economic and community development, tourism initiatives and innovative strategies.
- As Business Development and Sustainability Manager of the Reef and Rainforest Research Centre (RRRC) Cairns, she delivered science-to-business solutions to the tropical market and matched the RRRC science expertise to commercial market needs.
- Working with PAWA Architecture Ltd who have offices in Port Moresby, Arawa, Bougainville and Cairns to develop new markets and B2B strategies.
- Consultant to Peddle Thorp Architects, as part of their team responsible for Hospital Master-planning for the National Department of Health (NDOH) PNG and the Health and Education Procurement Facility (HEPF) the AUSAID/ DFAT Commonwealth Government funded Papua New Guinea infrastructure program.
- The delivery, for Queensland University of Technology (QUT), of an AusAID/DFAT funded executive leadership program for senior officials of the Maldives Government.
- The co-development of the 2016-2020 Croydon Shire Drought Impacts and Strategies for Resilience Plan.
- Consultant to Regional Development Australia FNQ &Torres Strait (RDA FNQ&TS).
Advised on several key regional strategies/packages within the RDA FNG&TS Regional Road Map.
- Sustainable Regions Development Officer – Advance Cairns. This role was created to deliver a committee represented by three tiers of Government and regional business from all areas of North Queensland.